2006 R1 Standard Edition
$11,599 (50th Anniversary Yellow/Black) Available from November 2005
$11,399 (Raven) Available from November 2005
$11,299 Team Yamaha Blue/White Available from November 2005
* The R1 is the culmination of 50 years of racing experience, combining tremendous power with light weight and excellent handling.
* Newly retuned Deltabox V?frame, revised forks and a 20mm longer swingarm take R1 handling to the next level.
* New intake port modifications increase output by three horses梩o 183 at 12,500 rpm (with ram-air).
* 50th Anniversary Special Edition model celebrates Yamaha racing heritage with special badging and classic black and yellow livery.
New for 2006:
* GP tech trickles down: Revised rigidity of the main frame between the engine mounts and steering head, a new, more rigid lower triple clamp, a 20mm-longer swingarm produce the best-handling R1 ever.
* Shorter valve guides and other revisions increase intake flow and reduce friction, for more power.
* Gold-colored forks look great.
* Revised clutch boss provides increased oil flow for excellent durability.
* Short-stroke 998cc DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine now produces 183 horsepower (with Ram-Air) at an amazing 12,500 rpm.
* Dual-valve fuel injection system uses motor-driven secondary throttle valves and 32-bit ECU for super-responsive, instantaneous power delivery.
* Two-piece ergonomically designed fuel tank carries fuel in the rear section, for good centralization of mass, while the front half contains a Ram-Air-fed airbox for increased power.
* Lay-down design cylinder head?0 degrees forward?optimizes weight distribution, straightens intake tracts for improved cylinder filling, and allows frame to pass over instead of around the engine for great strength and a narrow chassis.
* Closed-deck cylinder block increases strength and allows a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
* Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 12.4:1 compression ratio. Big valves and high-lift cams flow plenty of air.
* Carburized connecting rods with fractured big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
* High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
* Strong, yet lightweight clutch and close-ratio six-speed gearbox with triangulated shaft layout for great strength, compactness, and quicker acceleration.
* Titanium underseat exhaust system (with stainless steel midpipe and catalyst) contains a titanium EXUP valve for a broad, seamless powerband.
* High-efficiency curved radiator and an aluminum liquidcooled oil cooler maintain stable operating temperature.
* Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
* AC generator behind cylinder block produces a narrow engine with excellent cornering clearance.
* Overall frame width of only 15.6 inches produces comfortable ergonomics as well as efficient aerodynamic penetration.
* Controlled Fill die cast, truss-type swingarm is very strong and longer, for optimal traction and feedback.
* Controlled Fill die cast, detachable aluminum subframe is light, strong and allows easy rear shock access.
* Dual 320mm front disc brakes; light/strong, forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and Brembo radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever delivers amazing braking power and controllability.
* Fully adjustable KYB inverted telescopic front fork with 43mm tubes provides 4.7 inches of travel.
* Piggyback rear shock gives 5.1 inches of wheel travel, full adjustability and a lightweight, accessible aluminum preload adjustment collar.
* Light, five-spoke wheels enhance acceleration, deceleration, handling and suspension action.
* Two multi-reflector and two projector beam headlights provide great illumination and distinctive style.
* Adjustable LCD illumination and multi-function digital gauges: adjustable shift light, odometer, dual tripmeters, water temperature, air temperature, full-time clock, lap timer and large 15,000 rpm analog tachometer.
* Aggressive bodywork with twin Ram-Air intakes for increased engine performance.
* LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
* Sticky 120/70-ZR17 and 190/50-ZR17 radial tires for incredible grip and precise handling.
* Forged footpegs are extra durable and light.
* Extensive use of hollow bolts and lightweight fasteners helps trim overall weight.
* 8.2 AH battery is compact and light.
* Durable #530 O-ring杝ealed drive chain.
* Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.